st: new on SSC: asciiplot.ado

Subject   st: new on SSC: asciiplot.ado
Date   Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:14:57 -0500

I'd like to announce that Kit Baum has placed asciiplot.ado on SSC for your downloading pleasure. -ssc describe asciiplot- will tell you what it does:

TITLE
'ASCIIPLOT': module to graph ASCII character set in current graph font

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)

asciiplot creates a graph of all ASCII characters from 33 through
255 using the current graph font. The graph can be used to
identify quickly the ASCII code of a symbol which you want to
insert into a graph or to ascertain that such a symbol is not in
fact available.

-asciiplot- was based on a graph-based approach that I came up with to facilitate identification of upper ASCII characters for use in graphs. Through a recent Statalist thread, my proposed design was refined with suggestions from Svend Juul (as well as off-list by Kit Baum) and the brief code was mostly written by Nick Cox.

Michael Blasnik
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/