RE: st: RE: power calculation in a case control design

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: power calculation in a case control design
Date   Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:56:28 -0000

Power calculations for case-control studies are discussed in Newson
(2004), which you can download in pre-publication draft form from my
website (see below). The program used is -powercal-, downloadable from
SSC using the -ssc- command in Stata, which is a unified tool for a
variety of power calculations.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

References

Newson R. Generalized power calculations for generalized linear models
and more. The Stata Journal 2004; 4(4): 379-401. Download
pre-publication draft from
www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics