st: Trouble with xtivreg, fe output

From   "Noel Campbell" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Trouble with xtivreg, fe output
Date   Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:32:40 -0600

In keeping with my tradition asking foolish questions, I offer the
following:

I'm monkeying around with a variety of potential instruments. As is
common nearly all of my candidates are strongly correlated with my two
troublesome variables.  The issue is this.  With several specifications,
using the FE estimator, the R-square within value is "."  Just a period.
  What does that mean?  That the explained variance is zero?  That
doesn't seem right.

Hoping y'all can help me.

thanks in advance,

Noel