Re: st: gologit2

Subject   Re: st: gologit2
Date   Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:31:33 -0500

At 03:28 AM 1/30/2007, Maarten buis wrote:
--- Juan Jose Miranda <[email protected]> wrote:
> So, I started to use generalized "gologit2", but results show me
> that 4% of observations have negative probability.
> So I would like to know how to reduce observation with negative
> probability or another method to estimate.

Richard Williams (author of gologit2) has written a FAQ on gologit2,
and negative predicted probabilities are discussed there:
http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/gologit2/tsfaq.html
Hope this helps,
Maarten
Thanks for pointing this out Maarten. My experience has been that models that produce negative predicted probabilities often have other problems, e.g. the models are way too complicated given the amount of data available. The FAQ has suggestions for dealing with this, but if worse comes to worst you may want to switch to a non-ordinal method such as mlogit.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]