st: stcompet and delayed entry

From   "raoul reulen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stcompet and delayed entry
Date   Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:17:33 +0000

Hi,

I would like to calculate the complement of the Kaplan-Meier and the
cumulative incidence in the presence of competing risks. However,
several subjects in my cohort data are left truncated (delayed entry)
so the number of subjects at risk actually increases first and then
decreases.  I first stset my data as:

stset age_x, fail(fail) time0(age_e)

in which age_x denotes age at exit and age_e age at entry.
I can calculate the Kaplan-Meier curve and its complement because
STATA can handle the left truncated data, but how do I calculate the
cumulative incidence with stcompet? I hope this is clear.

Thanks

Raoul