st: marginal effects for ivprobit

From   "Ramani Gunatilaka" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: marginal effects for ivprobit
Date   Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:45:18 +0000

Hello,
I am trying to obtain marginal effects after ivprobit.
My problem is related to the discussion between  Adrienne and Brian
Poi in the Stata Archives (Dec4, 2005).
This is my code:

ivprobit hapiv_2  /*income variables*/ (ln_pcy02 =f_edyrs prodassets)
age agesq /*individual characteristics*/ male married divorced widowed
ethmin edyrs unempld workhrs netfinassets r_health, first twostep
mfx
estimates store hap1
overid, depvar(hapiv_2)

But I don't get the marginals, only the coefficients masquarading as marginals.

I tried using

ivprobit hapiv_2  /*income variables*/ (ln_pcy02 =f_edyrs prodassets)
age agesq /*individual characteristics*/ male married divorced widowed
ethmin edyrs unempld workhrs netfinassets r_health, first twostep
mfx compute, predict (p) eq(hapiv_2)
estimates store hap1
overid, depvar(hapiv_2)

as Brian suggested to Adrienne. But Stata said:

.
. mfx compute, predict(p) eq(hapiv_2)
probabilities not available with two-step estimator

But I need to use the two-step estimator because I want to use overid.

Then I tried :
mfx compute, predict(p) eq(hapiv_2)

But Stata said,

warning: equation(s) hapiv_2 not found

warning: equation list empty. Default full variable list used.

warning: predict() expression  unsuitable for standard-error calculation;
option nose imposed

and spat out the coefficients again but labelled them dy/dx

Can someone please tell me how I can obtain the marginal effects after
ivprobit, and still use overid for the instrumenting tests?

Ramani