Re: st: Parallell regression assumption and -gllamm-

Subject   Re: st: Parallell regression assumption and -gllamm-
Date   Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:26:49 -0500

At 01:20 PM 1/26/2007, Mirko wrote:
Dear statlister,

I have a simple question regarding item-specific thresholds models
using -gllamm-. Why -gllamm- with -lv- option gives different
coefficients and different significance levels than -gllamm- with
-thresh- option (and -gologit2-)? And how should I interpret the
results in the two cases? According to the gllamm manual they are
supposed to be two ways of specifying the same model.
Mirko asked me this before privately and I had no idea, but I think it just hit me. With the lv option, it is showing you what the cutpoints are with each possible reference category. Ergo, the _cut1x parameters are the cutpoints when category 1 is the reference category (note how each of those corresponds to a constant term in the first gllamm run). Then _cut2x are the cutpoints using category 2 as the reference (take the constants from the original gllamm run and add the coefficient for d2). etc. You get 6 sets of cutpoints because there are 6 possible reference categories. I assume this is meant to be some sort of convenience, although my skimming of the documentation didn't make it very clear to me either.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]