st: Singletons dropped out in FE model

From   "Zou Hong" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Singletons dropped out in FE model
Date   Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:53:59 +0800

Dear Mark, it is indeed working as you suggested. "Singletons" have been dropped out.

Joe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Schaffer, Mark E" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:07 PM
Subject: st: RE: Re: RE: Re: xtivreg2

Joe,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Zou Hong
Sent: 24 January 2007 02:06
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Re: RE: Re: xtivreg2

sorry, one typo in my previous message.

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for the reply.

I wonder why when I used STATA run a FE model, these
"singletons" are were NOT droped out, the total number of
observations reported by STATA includes those 214 "singletons".
They are dropped - it just doesn't tell you.  Try dropping them by hand,
as I suggested, and using official xtivreg,fe, and you'll see you get
the same results.

BTW, it's "Stata", not "STATA".

Cheers,
Mark