RE: st: Adding lines to multiple histograms

From   "MA V" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Adding lines to multiple histograms
Date   Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:32:04 +0000

I see what happened...Usually I order the statalist archives by thread and your message showed up in a different "message tree" so I didn't see it.
Sorry about that and thanks a lot,
MA

From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: st: Adding lines to multiple histograms
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:17:37 -0000

Why do you want other suggestions?

I made one yesterday, with code that works.

Either it is what you want,
or it isn't, in which case please explain what
you want that is different and we can focus on
that.

MA V

> Actually I have the book....but it does not describe how to
> do what I want
> to do...
> Any other suggestions?

Joel J. Adamson

> >If you like books, I recommend the Visual Guide to Stata Graphics by
> >Michael Mitchell.  The book is basically a visual catalog of Stata
> >graphs, along with explanations of how to do what you need to do to
> >get the graph to look that way.

MA V

> >  > I am drawing multiple histograms in one plot by using
> the "by" option.
> >  > e.g. hist age, by(city)
> >  > (note: I have 12 cities)
> >  > My question is the following: is it possible to add one
> vertical line
> >  > each individual histogram(note that these lines have
> different values
> >for
> >  > different cities, i.e. for different histograms)?
> >  > From searching in the statalist I concluded that this
> can be easily
> >done in
> >  > individual histograms.
> >  > Can it also be done when one uses  the "by" option? And,
> if so, how
> >does one
> >  > draw different lines in different histograms?

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/