st: Simple list of panel data for output

From   "Thomas Erdmann" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Simple list of panel data for output
Date   Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:30:52 +0100

Hi -

A rather basic question, but I have tried around with -table-, -list- and
-collapse- and did not really arrive at the output I want.

For my panel data (200 firms, monthly observations, panelvar=ISIN,
timevar=yrm (i.e. 2005m12))  I want to create a simple summary list like

Name		ISIN		country	free-float	#month	#spells	...

Company1	2323		GER		0.4		60
1
Company2	9023		UK		0.7		82
2

I would limit the sample by -e(sample)- but have problems with combining the
different data types, i.e. company name, ISIN and country are the same over
all observations, free-float should be equal to the value of the variable at
one point of time (say 2005m12), #month should count the number of month per
company and #spells obviously present the results from -tsspell- from ssc.

The purpose would by to present this in the annex of my study (i.e. use in
an Excel table) so it would be helpful if suggestions relate to solutions
that are "export-oriented". I don't expect ready solutions but would much
appreciate hints and/or links to resources.

Thanks in advance.
- Tom