st: re: sums and means within a table

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: sums and means within a table
Date   Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:43:22 -0500

Todd said

In addition, I tried to download the fsum command but I get the return:

connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/f/ either
1) is not a valid URL, or
2) could not be contacted, or
3) is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

Ive never been able to dowload any new command or other such files. Is it just a matter of increasing the waiting time?

I imagine Todd will have problems with the update or adoupdate command as well. He probably needs to be using the proxy server settings in Stata to allow it to work as a web browser across the internet. This is true for almost every British academic site I have known, and may well be true for his IT setup.

I just tried

ssc install fsum

and it works fine.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics