Re: st: Hetero explanation

From   "Jeremy Miles" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Hetero explanation
Date   Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:52:16 -0800

Think in terms of the null hypothesis (H0).  The null hypothesis is
that the data have a constant variance.  The p-value is the
probability of the chi-square, given that H0 is true.  The chi-square
is below the conventional 0.05, so you can reject (if you are using
0.05) that null hypothesis, and you therefore have evidence that the
data are heteroskedastic.

Jeremy