st: Re: How can I use this V9 module (hnblogit) with Version 8.0?

Subject   st: Re: How can I use this V9 module (hnblogit) with Version 8.0?
Date   Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:23:52 -0500

In addition to the other useful commentd about renaming the files, I see that the first ado uses the new (new with v.9) properties option in the program statement which you will need to remove:
properties(svyb svyj svyr). The program will no longer have those built-in survey-related capabilities.

M Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Siminski" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 10:46 PM
Subject: st: How can I use this V9 module (hnblogit) with Version 8.0?

Dear experienced Stata users,

After a couple of years of putting it off, I have recently started using
Stata. Joseph Hilbe has writted a module "hnblogit" which would be very
useful for my PhD research. It is listed as a Version 9 module.
Unfortunately, the Australian Bureau of Statistics holds data which
currently I can only access remotely using Stata V8.0. I would be very
grateful if somebody could tell me if this module would work in V8.0 if I
simply changed the "Version 9.1" line to "Version 8.0". If not, is the code
easily modifiable to make it work?

Thanks in advance,
Peter.
<snip>