RE: st: re: odd "repeated time values" error in glm

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: re: odd "repeated time values" error in glm
Date   Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:01:44 -0000 (GMT)

Nick Cox wrote:

> I have nothing to add to discussion of Newey-West, but just
> want to point out that mass transformation of a bunch of
> variables is just a -foreach- loop:
>
> foreach v of var <varlist> {
> 	gen logit_`v' = logit(`v')
> 	label var logit_`v' "logit `v'"
> }
>
> subject to small problems if variable names are very long.
> You mainly need to work out the <varlist>.

I was half-thinking this even as I was typing my reply to Kit, so thanks
for this. I guess the really neat trick would be to go one step further
and get the regression command of your choice to automate this procedure
-glm-style. Maybe that's just too much of an ask.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.