RE: st: from stata to SAS

From   "Rajesh Tharyan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: from stata to SAS
Date   Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:22:27 -0000

Hi,

Also, if you have SAS installed on your system it can directly import stata
files into sas.

Another way is to use the user written ado savasas. Type findit savasas from
within stata. This again needs the sas executable file to work,

So for example to open a file say a.dta file and save it in sas format You
would say,

savasas using "c:\a.sas7bdat" or whatever path you want to save it to.

You can also use sas datasets from within stata by using the user ado
useasas

hope this helps
rajesh