Re: st: hierarchical linear modeling (multilevel analysis)

From   "Anders Alexandersson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: hierarchical linear modeling (multilevel analysis)
Date   Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:59:44 -0500

Nicola <[email protected]> wrote:
I have 600 observations like the following:
UNI Y X Z INV
where [...] Y is the patent count for the professor's university (the
dependent variable), [...]
following the reviewer's suggestion I then focused on -gllamm-, but
it unclear how to handle this mix between university-level and
individual-level variables, and most important, if such mixed estimation
is feasible or is wrong.
You may want to read up on gllamm and xtmixed and then ask a more
precise question. For example, I'm not sure if you mean fully nested
levels of random effects or crossed random effects. An excellent
tutorial on xtmixed and gllamm for multilevel mixed-effects linear
regression is the book Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using
Stata by Rabe-hesketh and Skrondal which you can purchase at
http://www.stata-press.com/books/mlmus.html.

Anders Alexandersson