Re: frequency polygons [was: RE: st: Using gen / egen in one step(not two)]

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: frequency polygons [was: RE: st: Using gen / egen in one step(not two)]
Date   Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:07:29 +0000

I missed a way of doing this that is in retrospect
embarrassingly obvious -- although so did everybody else,
and it is no good if you have bins inside the distribution
of height zero. Use -twoway histogram, recast(line)-. You
may need to tweak the -lcolor()-.

Nick Cox wrote:

Marcello mentions -eqprhistogram-, which is a program on SSC.
A search using -findit- reveals nothing. Various people have played with this in this past, but none that I know of got as far as a truly general program which they made public.

< snip >
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/