RE: st: RE: RE: -oneway- and unequal variances - thanks

From   "Rajesh Tharyan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: -oneway- and unequal variances - thanks
Date   Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:25:22 -0000

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies.

I my idea was to show this as a preliminary result.

So I would look at the class (exec and non execs) first and do a 2 sample
unequal variance t test, then for the gender alone I would do the same.
But of course each class would have both gender types and vice versa. Hence
the thought of a multiple means comparision test.

The main analysis would be based on a multivariate regression with the
variable caar as the dependent variable and  dummies and their interaction
for the class of director and gender plus other control variables.

I will have a look at ologit, my impression was that ologit uses ordinal
dependent variable.

Thanks
rajesh