st: RE: aflogit formula?

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: aflogit formula?
Date   Fri, 5 Jan 2007 19:34:40 -0000

I think the formula is the one in Greenland and Dreschler(1991). Another
useful paper is Bruzzi et al. (1985). The definitive reference for
-aflogit- is Brady (1998), which however probably won't easily be found
in a literature search, but can be ordered (with other Stata Technical
Bulletins) from#
http://www.stata.com/products/stb/index.html

-aflogit- is an old program that needs an update (or even a
replacement), but nobody seems to have the time to do this.

I hope this helps.

Roger

References

Brady A. sbe21: Adjusted population attributable fractions from logistic
regression. Stata Technical Bulletin 1998; STB-42: 8-12. Reprinted in:
Stata Technical Bulletin Reprints Vol. 7, 1998.

Bruzzi P, Green SB, Byar DP, Brinton LA, Schairer C. Estimating the
population attributable risk for multiple risk factors using
case-control data. American Journal of Epidemiology 1985; 122(5):
904-914.

Greenland S, Dreschler K. Maximum likelihood estimation of the
attributable fraction from logistic models. Biometrics 1991; 49:
865-872.

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute