Re: st: RE: A wish list for Statalist

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: A wish list for Statalist
Date   Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:04:35 -0400

While I certainly agree that anyone who has the time and resources can
create a forum/wiki/list devoted to Stata, I voiced my concern because
I felt this whole concept has to be handled fairly carefully.  The
last thing we would want would be a number of competing forks
splitting from Statalist, all clamouring for attention and asking for
content contributions.  While one might simply say let "survival of
the fittest" rule, there is a good chance that none would get
sufficient nourishment to survive. What may have been a good idea, and
doable as a single endeavour having general support, may fail from
simply being too hasty or too scattered.

DCE