RE: st: Exporting Stata Results

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Exporting Stata Results
Date   Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:09:09 -0000

Another possibility is to do this in 2 steps, using the resultsset
approach. The first step is to produce an output Stata dataset (or
resultsset), which can be done using various Stata programs, such as the
official Stata programs -statsby-, -collapse- and -contract-, or the
user-written -parmest-, -parmby-, -xcollapse- and -xcontract-,
downloadable from SSC. The next step is to output the resultsset to a
generic spreadsheet (or resultsspreadsheet), either in the Stata Results
window or in a disk file, using the -listtex- package. This
resultsspreadsheet can easily be cut and pasted into a Word table, using
the menu sequence

Table->Convert->Text to Table

Another program for producing resultsspreadsheets is Ben Jann's package
-estout-, also downloadable from SSC.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger