RE: st: label graphs

From   "Lucy Shum" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: label graphs
Date   Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:17:37 +1100

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe my initial question is better illustrated as follows:

Column 1   Column 2
1		4
3		10
4		21
5		4
6		3

So, I want to graph the frequency which is represented by Column 2, but the
x-axis to be expressed by figures in column 1.

Currently, when I put in .tw hist column 2, by(column 1)it gives me 5
individual graphs. What I would like to get is one single graph, column 1 as
the x-axis label with the 'frequency' to be expressed by figures in column
2. Do-able?

Cheers!

Lucy

Lucy Shum

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Clive Nicholas
Sent: 11 December 2006 17:03
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: label graphs

Lucy Shum wrote:

> Hi all, what command is required in order to include individual figures on
> each of the column in a histogram/ bar graph?

Try -blabel(bar)- or -blabel(total)-.

> Further, when I generate twoway histgrams, how should I go about labeling
> each of the graphs? Subtitle(" ... ") subtitle(" ... ") ??

I'm not clear about this, but if you mean the _axes_ of the -twoway hist-
graph, they will automatically be labelled if the variables are already.
Subtitling any graph using -subtitle()- means a fitting a legend that
appears immediately below the main -title()- of the graph, which appears
above the graphic. Is this what you mean?

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t:
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.