st: stdp for factor scores?

From   "Kenneth Greene" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: stdp for factor scores?
Date   Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:44:53 -0600

Hi all: I would like to obtain the standard error of the prediction (stdp)
for factor scores.  My understanding is that factor scores are generated
through a regression technique, so it seems as though I should be able to
get stdp.  However, when I use predict it tells me that the last estimates
are not found.  Am I doing anything wrong?  Is there a workaround I could
use?  Also, I am using Stata 8 where factor scores are obtained through the
score command.  I understand that Stata 9 does this through predict - does
that mean 9 will do what I want more easily?  Thanks for your help.

-Ken
Kenneth F. Greene
Assistant Professor
Department of Government