st: inexcel

From   "Don McCarthy" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: inexcel
Date   Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:15:24 -0800

Thanks Ben, yes - you were right, this "inexcel" was a custom macro and the author neglected to send me it.

I'm a SAS programmer mostly so I wasn't sure if there was some fancy new function in Stata I just wasn't aware of.

Don

Subject: RE: st: inexcel function?

My guess is that "inexcel" is some custom macro they had, that probably calls on the ODBC functionality of Stata that can call Excel files directly without messing around with converting them to .csv. >>>>>

Ben Earnhart