[no subject]

-help twoway_area-
    Be sure that the data are in the order of xvar, or specify area's
sort option.  If you do neither, you will get something that looks
like modern art:
        . sysuse gnp96, clear
        . generate d = d.gnp96
        . generate u = uniform()
        . sort u                     (put in random order)
        . twoway area d date

-view http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj5-2/st0053_2/locpoly.hlp-
   If -width()- is not specified, then the "default" width is used;
see [R] kdensity.  This
default is entirely inappropriate for local polynomial smoothing. Roll your own.

More at
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pco34.html

I've got to remember to put some funny lines in if I ever submit a
help file to SSC...