RE: st: metan v9 update

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: metan v9 update
Date   Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:06:14 -0000

OK. The -metan- people are free to make their own
meta-comment, but I think the long-term aim is, more
or less, to unify. Crudely, the original history
is that there were quite independent programming efforts
with some overlap, but some of the original authors
are in effect retired from the fray and evidently happy to
hand on the baton to those working on it now.

Austin Nichols