st: RE: RE: Tip - Special characters in labels, titles of graphs &c

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Tip - Special characters in labels, titles of graphs &c
Date   Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:43:40 -0000

Thanks very much for the plug, which I gave myself
earlier. (For some probably local reason mails have
been arriving here in a very odd order, so I didn't
see this until now.)

The reference is strictly Newton and Cox (2006).
I am always happy to regard myself as standing on
Newton's shoulders, although in this case Joe might wish I were
a little lighter.

(Reminds me of a book on catastrophe theory
dedicated by the two authors to Christopher Zeeman,
"at whose feet we sit and on whose shoulders we stand". The
usual quip was that it needed two topologists to
think up such a contorted position.)

Newson, Roger B