st: Using xtprobit pa, xtprobit re or xtlogit fe ?

From   Claude Francoeur <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using xtprobit pa, xtprobit re or xtlogit fe ?
Date   Sat, 09 Dec 2006 10:29:43 -0500

Hello,

My data is organized in a panel (100 firms over 5 years) with a binary
dependent variable.

I get interesting results, using xtprobit, pa or re (N = 581 and no of
groups = 135). Here are the commands:

xtprobit pw boardcomp compensation shrights disclosure tech mv endet cot
volat march conc, pa i(i)

xtprobit pw boardcomp compensation shrights disclosure tech mv endet cot
volat march conc, re i(i)

Using xtlogit and controlling for fixed effects, all coefficients become non
significant (N = 128 and no of groups = 27)

xtlogit pw boardcomp compensation shrights disclosure tech mv endet cot
volat march conc, fe i(i)

Why does xtlogit eliminate so many observations and all significance?  Is
xtlogit appropriate ?

Thanks,

Claude