st: dummy variable question

From   Rajesh Tharyan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: dummy variable question
Date   Sat, 09 Dec 2006 12:41:39 +0000

hi all,

I am looking to analyse the impact of indivuduals belonging to class (A&B), type (X&Y) and action (a&b) on a certain effect (Y - a continous numeric variable)
i.e
1. how is effect affected by class the indivudual belongs to - Class A or Class B
2. how is the effect affected by the type of the individual - Type A or Type B
3. how is the effect affected by a certain action-Action a or Action b
4. how it changes for individuals of a certain class, type
and
5. finally how effect is affected by individuals of a ceratin class and type performing a cetain action.

Not sure how to proceed. This is what i have in mind

Do I run 3 seperate regressions for class, type and action on Y with dummies for class, type and action (for 1 to 3 above) and then another regression with class * type dummy interaction for (4 above) and for finally I run a regression with class* type*action dummy interaction for (5 above). Is there a better way to analyse this in stata?

regards
rajesh

*
* For searches and help try: