RE: st: date format changed to number - why?

From   "Bednar, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: date format changed to number - why?
Date   Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:01:55 -0500

Nick's feedback helped me write more succinct code and Anders reference
to datestring solved the problem.

Many thanks to you both and hopefully one day I can return the favor!

Cheers,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Anders
Alexandersson
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: date format changed to number - why?

Please show us the odbc and describe commands that you used and what
Stata outputted. It might be a problem with the data type. The string
data type should be safe; to read dates as strings use the datestring
option.

Anders Alexandersson
[email protected]

When I import a date variable using odbc Stata changes the format from