st: Panel regression using a binary dependent variable

From   "Claude Francoeur" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Panel regression using a binary dependent variable
Date   Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:35:48 -0500

Hello,

Our model contains a dichotomic dependent variable. Our data is organized in
a panel (100 firms over 5 years). One of our revisors recommends a panel
regression instead of the OLS that we did. We had used EViews to do our
regressions. EViews does not permit panel regressions with fixed or random
effects in a binary model. I own Stata 9 and I am in the process of learning
how to use it. Is there anyway, with Stata,  to do a panel regression while
controlling for fixed or random effects, considering our binary dependent
variable? Any other way to test the robustness of our results?

Thank you very much,

Claude