st: RE: attrition in FE logit model

From   "Verpoorten, Marijke" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: attrition in FE logit model
Date   Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:18:47 +0100

I forgot to add that the selection occurs only in period 1, so the
selection equation cannot be estimated for multiple periods.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Verpoorten,
Marijke
Sent: maandag 4 december 2006 17:49
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: attrition in FE logit model

Dear statalisters,

I would like to tackle an attrition problem in a fixed effect logit
model. Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

My first idea is to estimate a selection model (just a probit model as
in the first step of the Tobit II model), take the error terms from this
estimation and verify whether they are correlated with the error terms
(not the fixed effects) of the FE logit model.

This idea is based on the fact that non-random selection is
non-ignorable if the selection into the sample depends on the variable
of interest, even when allowing the selection probability to depend upon
the observed explanatory variables.

Does this sound reasonable?

Marijke