Statalist The Stata Listserver

re: st: Windows Vista and Stata

From   "Pierre Azoulay" <>
Subject   re: st: Windows Vista and Stata
Date   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:21:20 -0500

Alan & Kevin:

Thanks for your informative post. For users like me, breaking the 900
MB limit will make upgrading to vista 32-bit a high priority.

But what about 64-bit vista? I tried to install stata 64-bit (which
runs fine on windows XP 64bit) onto windows vista x64. The
installation failed in the middle. Apparently, the stata installation
required access to a piece of the OS that vista protects from

I am not talking about updates. I am talking about a fresh install
from the CD-ROM.

Any tips you could share with users?

Pierre Azoulay
Assistant Professor of Strategy