st: RE: Re: Filling gaps???

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Filling gaps???
Date   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:33:32 -0000

Michael's one-liner solution is covered with a small mountain
of commentary in

2/03    How do I create a variable recording whether any
        members of a group (or all members of a group)
        possess some characteristic?
        http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/anyall.html

The FAQ also discusses the important issue raised by Austin
Nichols, what if missing values are present?

Michael Blasnik

> I haven't seen any other one line solutions, so thought I'd
> post as well:
>
> by HouseholdID: egen HHinfected=max(Infected)
>
> or, if there are no missing values in Infected:
>
> by HouseholdID (Infected): gen byte HHinfected=Infected[_N]

Honorati Masanja