Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: -changemean- updated on SSC

From   "Gauri Khanna" <>
Subject   RE: st: -changemean- updated on SSC
Date   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:57:08 +0000

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your response. At my institute, the students do the updates themselves rather than a network administrator. Hence, I have been doing my own updates. Now I know that there are some other updates out there that I can also avail of.

Thank you.

From: "Nick Cox" <>
To: <>
Subject: RE: st: -changemean- updated on SSC
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:09:24 -0000

Absolutely not. This is a user-written contribution.

Only official Stata files are affected by -update-.

All revisions to files for user-written contributions on your
machine depend on your action, e.g. through -ssc-,
-adoupdate- or direct copying to directories on
your -adopath-. Similarly, as far as people using some
networked Stata are concerned, a systems administrator
or someone similar must do something for your Stata to see new files.

Gauri Khanna

> Doesn't this automatically get updated when I do the
> automatic updates for
> Stata every week?

> >Thanks to Kit Baum, an updated -changemean- is posted on SSC.

* For searches and help try: