st: calculating marginal effects for a recursive bivariate probit model

From   Jeff Svien <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: calculating marginal effects for a recursive bivariate probit model
Date   Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:32:17 -0800 (PST)

I want to obtain marginal effects for a recursive
bivariate probit model with selectivity.  The model
takes the following form

Y1 = f(Y2 X1 X2)  -- e.g., the substantive equation
Y2 = f(X1 X2 X3)  -- e.g., the selection equation

where Y1 and Y2 are binary variables and X1-3 index
various social, demographic, and economic factors that
are thought to influence the outcomes.

I'm estimating the model using the biprobit command
but I'm having difficulty calculating the marginal
effect of Y2 on Y1.  I assume that the mfx command is
what I'm after, but beyond that I'm pretty well lost
(e.g., I'm not sure what options I need to include
after the command, etc.).

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

J. Svien