Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: second y-axis in graph bar

From   Harry Telser <>
Subject   st: second y-axis in graph bar
Date   Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:02:30 +0100

Dear Statlist users

I want to draw a bar chart with two y-variables relating to two different axes.

The graph should look something like that:

. sysuse auto
. graph bar weight length, over(rep78)

but with "length" relating to a second y-axis on the right side.

Is there any way to define a second y-axis in "graph bar" command? I know it can be done with "twoway bar" but I did not manage to get the look as in "graph bar".

Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Harry Telser
Socioeconomic Institute
University of Zurich