Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: Heckprob and Maximum likelihood algorithm

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Heckprob and Maximum likelihood algorithm
Date   Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:26:41 +0100

--- Rachel wrote:
> Where can I find the content of heckp_lf?  Is this variable defined in
> a different function?

heckp_lf is actually another .ado-file that contains the likelihood
function. You can see the content with -viewsource heckp_lf.ado-.

Some time ago I wrote a short technical text on how to get from the
probability density function I showed in a presentation to the
likelihood function used in a Stata program Nick, Stephen and I
wrote: -betafit-. That text might be helpful. You can find it on:

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam