Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: re: Frontier ' predict efficiency'

From   george owuor <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: re: Frontier ' predict efficiency'
Date   Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:31:00 -0800 (PST)

Hii everyone,

I am estimating a frontier half-normal  production function, with inclusion of covariates for inefficiency. I tried to do post estimation for % efficiency through predict te, te in stata and generated efficiency estimates. But two issues arise, te generated with inclusion of covariates for inefficiency differ from that generated when i do not include inefficiencey covariates in the model. I am not sure which te I should us, the one after estimation with covariates of inefficiency or the one generated without inefficiency covariates. Can anyone advice.

Cheap talk?