Re: st: frontier models

From   george owuor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: frontier models
Date   Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:55:04 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Gauri.

George

----- Original Message ----
From: Gauri Khanna <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:29:19 AM
Subject: RE: st: frontier models

Dear George,

One of the reasons for choosing alternate error distributions is to check
how robust your results are. Also, if you flip through Lovell and
Kumbhakar's book (2000) "Stochastic Frontier Analysis" you will read that
they state that qualititative estimates are not sensitive to the type of
distributional assumptions made, however quantitative estimates are but the
rankings do not change.

Half normal is widely used in the literature. When I used frontier, I had
problems of convergence when using the exponential form. Half normal behaved
better.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

(Ms) Gauri
PhD Candidate
Dept. of Economics
Graduate Institute of International Studies
Geneva