Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: problem with describe and r(varlist)

From   "Adama Konseiga" <akonseiga@APHRC.ORG>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: problem with describe and r(varlist)
Date   Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:37:04 +0300

Dear all,
I would like to follow on this discussion and point out an old feature
of the command -ds- that I'm missing with Stata 9.2.
Running -ds- followed by a -ret list- used to display my list of
variables in extenso but as shown below, the macro -r(varlist)- is now
shortened: f.."
 sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. ds
make          mpg           headroom      weight        turn
price         rep78         trunk         length        displacement

. ret list

           r(varlist) : "make price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight
length turn displacement gear_ratio f.."

Can someone help me in displaying the full list?