Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: frontier - "initial values not feasible"

From   Georgeta Vidican <gvidican@MIT.EDU>
Subject   st: frontier - "initial values not feasible"
Date   Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:00:33 -0500

Hi there,

I need some help in running a stochastic frontier analysis.

I am using the command "frontier", with output as the dependent variable, and a series of inputs to estimate the Cobb-Douglas production function, on a sample of 528 farms.

However, I get the following error message "initial values not feasible".

Could anyone suggest where the problem comes from?

Many thanks.

* For searches and help try: