Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: oaxaca2 command

From   "Ben Jann" <>
Subject   Re: st: oaxaca2 command
Date   Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:56:37 +0100

The problem is that "_se" is stored in the main tobit equation in
Stata versions prior version 9. This fools oaxaca. oaxaca assumes
"_se" be another covariate in the model and tries to compute its mean.
Note that oaxaca2 will not work even if you use Stata 9 because the
version is reset to 8.2 internally. I will change oaxaca2 so that it
does not reset version. In the meanwhile, estimate and store your
models under version 9 and then apply oaxaca to the stored estimates
(not oaxaca2). In your case:

version 9
tobit lasset_s sratio ... if sexo==0, ll
est sti sexo0
tobit lasset_s sratio ... if sexo==1, ll
est sti sexo1
oaxaca sexo0 sexo1

Hope this helps.