Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: svy commands for random effects model

Subject   st: svy commands for random effects model
Date   Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:09:40 -0500

I am working on an analysis that will require the use of a random effects model on a data set that includes two observations per individual.   The general form of the code I am using to estimate the model is:

xtreg y x1 x2 x3, re i(id)

(id = the case id for each individual)

The sample uses a stratified cluster design and I therefore have to use the svy commands when analyzing this data set.

I am using Stata 8.0 and could not find any documentation on the application of svy commands with estimating a random effects model.

Is there a svy command or some other procedure available so that I can obtain the correct standard errors for this model?