Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Clustering with bootstrap using quantile regression

From   "Arantxa Roca-Feltrer" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Clustering with bootstrap using quantile regression
Date   Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:06:47 +0000

Dear all,
I am modelling the median age of children using quantile regression but
data comes from different countries and therefore I want to cluster by
The only way (that I know) is to use bootstrap in order to be able to
cluster. However since apparently the number of clusters (countries) is
small (n=9) I am getting very weird values for the coefficients, either
very small or very large.
Does anyone know a better way of obtaining appropriate CIs for quantile
regression if I need to cluster (account for the fact that children from
the same country are non-independent i.e. might share same population