RE: st: RE: RE: running -ktau- and storing its results for each observation

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: running -ktau- and storing its results for each observation
Date   Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:03:55 -0000

If I was using the estimated parameter for each individual as the
outcome variable in a regression, then I would probably not correct the
confidence intervals for the regression parameters using the sample
standard errors of the individual tau-as. The standard errors of the
individual tau-as are calculated assuming that the multiple bivariate
(X,Y)-pairs for each individual are sampled independently from a
sub-population of such bivariate measurements belonging to that
individual. If that assumption is not quite true, then the individual
tau-as can still be useful to know, and their joint distribution with
other individual-specific variables may still be useful to know about.

Having said that, I am curious to know why anybody would want to use the
individual tau-as as the outcome variable in a regression model, and
what question they might hope to answer by doing this.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger Newson