From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Join String Variables
Date   Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:28:27 +0100

Socrates wrote:
OK, I know how to split string variables but have not found a way to join string variables. Did a search but could not source something out. Can you direct me to a command? Or if not is there a way round it. I just want to put two or more strings in one even if missing values exist. For example,
obs     Var1     Var2    Var3       Var3
1          A        B       K        ABK
2                   C                  C
3          D               ED        BED
I have Var1 and Var2 and want to create Var3.
Assuming that you want to create var4 from var1, var2, and var3:
   generate var4 = var1+var2+var3
You might also want to study:
   help string functions
Hope this helps