Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Join String Variables

From   Socrates Mokkas <>
Subject   st: Join String Variables
Date   Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:39:12 +0000

Hi People,

OK, I know how to split string variables but have not found a way to join string variables. Did a search but could not source something out. Can you direct me to a command? Or if not is there a way round it. I just want to put two or more strings in one even if missing values exist. For example,

obs     Var1     Var2    Var3       Var3
1          A        B       K        ABK
2                   C                  C
3          D               ED        BED

I have Var1 and Var2 and want to create Var3.
Thanks a lot.

Socrates Mokkas