st: Gllamm for location choice with location specific variables

From   Xiaoheng Zhang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Gllamm for location choice with location specific variables
Date   Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:49:20 +0000

Dear all,

I am working on the conditional logit model to look for the determinants of
multinational's location choice of new firms. I used the traditional -CLOGIT-
command and decided to go further using -GLLAMM-.

I redid the discrete choice model example in GLLAMM's manual(Rabe-Hesketh et
al.2004) in Chatper 9.Unfortunately in that example only one explanatory
variable was used and this variable is choicer specific variable-SEX-.In my case
I have some country level variables,i.e. tax rate as well as firm level
variables(nationality) but I cannot figure out how to put both knid of variables
into the model.Besides, my computer took 15 hours to maximize the likelihood but
end up with nothing so I can not even try different combinations..........

Anyone having experiences can give me a hint on how to do it?Data is already in
the "expand" form as required by -CLOGIT-.

Thanks a lot!

Kevin in Dublin