st: RE: RE: histogram plot with lines

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: histogram plot with lines
Date   Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:24:01 -0000

Seeing Scott's suggestion makes me wonder whether
what you want is the graph most commonly described
in statistical literature as a frequency polygon.
(I don't recollect seeing the terminology "density
polygon".) In that case,

. histogram ..., recast(line)

doesn't work, but

. twoway histogram ..., recast(line)

does, at least in the example I tried.

Nick Cox

> You don't need to import anything at all, assuming
> that
>
> . histogram ..., recast(spike)
>
> or
>
> . twoway histogram ..., recast(spike)
>
> is what you want. Alternatively, see the help for -spikeplot-,
> in Stata since Stata 6.

Munro, Cameron